Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthornyunyu
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009

Simon, a few things I want to ask.

#1- I see that OIOpub has geotargeting feature. Is it possible to geotarget an

ad to several countries? How to choose/block an ad to certain cuntries then?

#2- I like how Adsense text ads looks like. Does OIOpub has the ability to create text ads like adsense?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009 edited

Project Admin

#1 - you can only block / display an ad from one country. If you define a default ad as part of an ad zone, you'll see the geotargeting option visible there.

#2 - In OIO v2 there is an option in the text ad zone settings to display the zone as either a list (default option, best for sidebars etc), or using a columns x rows setup (which is what banner ads use).

If you set the "display links in a list" option to no, then combine it this with allowing an ad description to be included with the purchase, then you can display ads that display in the same format as adsense, with the link / title on the first line, and a short description underneath.

You'd need to define your own css for that ad zone however, if you wanted to make the design / colours exactly like adsense.

• CommentAuthornyunyu
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009

Is there a plan to make the geotargeting option to geotarget an ad to more than one country? Or maybe a quick fix? :)

• CommentAuthornyunyu
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009

Hi Simon, could you reply on above matter?
    Thank you.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Sorry, must have missed it originally.

Unfortunately, there is no quick fix for targeting multiple countries. I'll keep it in mind for a future update though.

• CommentAuthornyunyu

So, let's say I do not want to show an ads to 3 countries, so I would enter the same code 3 times and each of it I need to choose each country I want to block?

Well, hope to see it in update soon.
    Thanks.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Part of the problem is the way OIO has been designed up to this point. It's aimed at being relatively simple to use, which does come at the cost of some flexibility.

I'm already looking at ways to re-design it slightly so that more can be done to each individual element (eg. settings for a particular default ad) without it becoming too clunky to use.