Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

Hi
    initially I want to just use OIO as an affiliate program (probably selling adverts later) for a membership site. I intend to use wpwishlist as the membership part and I want people to be able to promote my membership site using an affiliate link. Will OIO work with wpwishlist in this way?
    thanks in advance
    Debs

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009 edited

Project Admin

OIO does have an affiliate program, but it only extends to purchases made via the system (ads and custom services).

I don't think it would make sense to sell a membership via OIO for the purposes of affiliate commission, but then have to register the user with wpwishlist before they could access it. The process *could* be done by selling a membership as a "custom service" via OIO, then manually registering the user as a member in wpwishlist, but it would probably be a very confusing process for the purchaser.

As wpwishlist is a membership system, and supports member payment options, I'd advise asking the author about the potential for affiliates. Otherwise you're bypassing a core feature of wpwishlist (membership payments) and replacing it with something that isn't designed to be that.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics