Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorgriffinjay
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009 edited

Hi Simon,

I run a very popular WordPress-based group blog for our town and I'd like to sell a variety of ads on it... but only ads from local merchants.

Can you point me to anyone else who's used OIO Publisher for something similar?

Any particular pros and cons in using OIO for a community blog site that I should know about?

Thanks much,

Griff Wigley

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009

Project Admin

Hi Griff,

In terms of selling ads to local merchants, there shouldn't be too many problems as you're able to approve all ads before payment is made if you wish (so you can remove any non-local purchases).

A geo-targeting option is offered for default (ie. non purchased) ads, but it only extends to targeting a specific country, so that feature probably won't be of much use to you.

I don't know whether you're using a normal Wordpress install or WPMU, but OIO doesn't work when used in the "mu-plugins" folder (site-wide plugins) of WPMU. It will work in the normal "plugins" folder of either WPMU or Wordpress though.

• CommentAuthorgriffinjay
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009

Simon, no, I'm not using WPMU.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009

Project Admin

No problem. If it's just a regular WP install, I can't foresee any particular problems, other than the geotargeting limitations already mentioned above.