Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorOptional
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2007 edited

Hi Simon,

Installed wordpress and managed to integrate my existing sites design into a theme much more easilly than I expected.

Really like it actually... but I'm not sure the installed version of oiopublisher really suits my needs any better than the hosted one. I do see where you're going making all "plug n play" style easy to use for anyone.. but it just seems like unjustified trouble in my case.

* I get this error message in business admin:
    Table ffsblog_oiopub_links was not created, please create it manually
    Table ffsblog_oiopub_posts was not created, please create it manually
    You may also want to check that the fulltext index was created for the posts table

They do exist and were created properly during install.

* I got an error about not having permission to access ajax_something.php and searched the WP forum and found a fix by adding this to .htaccess

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterInheritance Off
    </IfModule>

Just fyi in case anyone else has issue later.

* I get this error when trying to use my wp site search:
    WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY post_id DESC' at line 1]
    SELECT link_url,link_tooltip,post_id,post_phrase FROM ffsblog_oiopub_links WHERE link_type='4' AND link_status='1' AND ) ORDER BY post_id DESC

here is a url to see it: http://freeforexsignal.com/blog/?s=search

* I get this error:
    Cannot load widgets.php.

from this page: http://www.freeforexsignal.com/blog/wp-admin/themes.php?page=widgets.php

but thought I did have the widgets thing as widgets work in WP admin. (I have only installed standard dist of WP and your plugin)

* when I paste sidebar-functions.txt into my template the H2 title tags kinda fark up the formatting.

* When I attempted to approve a test order I got an error message "Access Denied" at this url
    http://www.freeforexsignal.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/approvals.php?type=post&do=approve&id=7

think thats about it for now :p

Considering it took me all of 45 seconds to add an order page to my blogger blogs with the hosted version... this is gonna have to have some sweet extra benefits I have missed to convert me from hosted right now, even with a WP blog.

Brad

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Hehe ok then, let's go through these 1 by 1...

1.) The error message may be displaying because of the custom table prefix you're using, although it shouldn't (will test it out)
    2.) I will add to the installation instructions a note about the htaccess file setting
    3.) That bug was found and fixed a couple of hours ago. It's actually in v1.03 now, but there will be an official fix in v1.04 soon
    4.) The widgets url will need some tweaking, since the latest version od WP have widgets by default, and so use a different URL (will make a fix for v1.04)
    5.) The H2 tags is a known problem, I just haven't gotten round to dealing with it yet. Haven't quite decided how to deal with it
    6.) Access Denied error - will check that out and get back to you

The differences between this plugin and the hosted version will seem small on the surface, BUT the plugin makes things a whole lot easier later on. It automates the publishing of posts and links, and even the renewal of links. The plugin will automatically place links on the desired page, or within post content, as soon as the purchase has been paid for and approved by you. All you have to do is make the approval, and the system does all the rest. The hosted version means you have to do everything manually. Make sense?

Oh and as you pointed out, you have the ability to edit everything in the plugin, so it is much more customisable.

As always, your bug finding skills are doing great. ;)

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

UPDATE: all issuse apart from #5 have hopefully been resolved. I'd appreciate some feedback on whether the other things you've highlighted are now resolved for you (especially #6).

I've uploaded the latest version the download area (same download link), and once all issues are confirmed resolved, I will update to v1.04.

• CommentAuthorOptional
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2007

Sorry mate... busy weekend... will update the plugin and report back asap. (well soemtime today.. it's 9.00am my time atm)

Brad

• CommentAuthorOptional
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2007

ok updated plugin file.

the error message has gone from admin.

the WP search works fine again.

I havent stuck the sidebar code back in yet... not sure I need to use if I dont wish do I? (I don't think you need any title in the actual generated link code.. I can add a title myself then)

still have the final error, "Access Denied", trying to approve a test purchase.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2007 edited

Project Admin

Nope, no need to use the sidebar code if you don't want to. I might do as you suggested and remove the default title heading though. That will make the formatting issue less of an...issue.

The access denied error is beginning to be a real pain! Different versions of wordpress must be handling user levels differently, because it works ok on a 2.1 install. What version of wordpress are you on?

• CommentAuthorOptional
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2007

2.2.1 and was about to update it to 2.2.2

how often do these buggers usually release updates?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Every few weeks they release maintenance / security updates. Usually it's not too much of a hassle.

I'll install 2.22 and see why the approval check isn't working there, then I can get 1.04 rolled out and you can start using it properly. :p

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Ok, I think I've managed to fix the permissions problem...works on a 2.1 install and a 2.22 install. I've uploaded an updated plugin, and its actually 1.04 - but the site won't reflect that until I'm sure the fixes are working correctly.

• CommentAuthorOptional

by jove I think he's got it.

approved the paid post and it appeared on the blog!

is it going to affect anything badly that I deleted it? i notice the entry has stayed as Approved status

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Success!

No, deleting it won't cause any harm. You can always empty the oiopub_posts database table manually if you wanted to get rid of the entry too.

• CommentAuthorOptional

Cool... I'm working on the sister site to this one now, http://www.freeforextradingstrategy.com/

Install and setup was dead easy there. :)

I'll plan the site more for selling the sort of ads your script is made for too.

Brad

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2007

Project Admin

Glad the installation went well.

Just 1 thing I've added that you might want to do yourself - paid-link.php and paid-post.php didn't use text-align:center; in the #wrap css line. That should center all the text for you.

• CommentAuthorOptional
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2007

• CommentAuthorgravlguts
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2007

What is the code that I need to install in the sidebar if I do not use widgets?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2007

Project Admin

If you click on the Business tab, then scroll down to the "setup checklist", there is a link to the code called "view functions". I'll also copy the text file in full below for you:

At this time, these functions will only show a list of the needed links in <ul> tags. To add a heading to the list, such as
    <h2>Heading</h2>, use the following setup. Remember that you should adjust this according to your sidebar template format.
    If you just want to show a list (no heading), remove the first echo line for each module:

(1) Sidebar Purchase Module:

<?php
    if(function_exists('oiopub_sidebar_purchase')) {
    echo "<h2>Heading</h2>";
    oiopub_sidebar_purchase();
    }
    ?>

(2) Sidebar Link Output:

<?php
    if(function_exists('oiopub_sidebar_links')) {
    echo "<h2>Heading</h2>";
    echo oiopub_sidebar_links();
    }
    ?>

• CommentAuthorgravlguts
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2007

Great thanks for the quick response I will give it a shot tonight.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2007

Project Admin

No problem. I do need to slightly overhaul the sidebar functions (since they don't always fit well with the sidebar format). If anything does look out of place, the best temporary solution would be to get the full url to the purchase.php page, and insert that into the sidebar manually, using the same format as the rest of your sidebar.

That's just in case it doesn't look quite right to you!