Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008 edited

Project Admin

We now have a documentation library up and running. Although not yet fully completed, all of the basic information you'll need for installation and configuration is available.

You can also leave comments on all documentation sections, to help improve things for other users.

Docs: http://docs.oiopublisher.com

Wordpress:

Installation: http://docs.oiopublisher.com/7/installation/
    Configuration: http://docs.oiopublisher.com/8/configuration/

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorgotlinks
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008

You appear not to have the admanager module installed. You will not be able to configure any purchase options until that module is used.

I get that error message, how can I get this corrected? I cant figure out how to install the admanager module...

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008 edited

Project Admin

It should just be a case of uploading the 'admanager' folder to the modules folder of the plugin. You can download the admanager folder separately from the download area (although by default it comes with the main download).

As long as the file oiopub-load.php is present within the admanager folder, it should work once uploaded.

Is there a more comprehensive set up manual available? I purchased and downloaded this several weeks ago and have given up and had to download Openx. Can you please point me to a straightforward simple setup guide that works?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008 edited

Project Admin

Hmmm it really shouldn't be too hard to setup. Certainly not as hard as openX! A lot of things are done entirely automatically, so that there isn't much for the user to setup.

1.) Configure your ad settings (see plugin Settings tab)
    2.) Add the output functions in your templates (see document below)
    3.) Put up an advertise / purchase link (there's an output function for that listed below too)

All output functions are listed in the document below:

http://docs.oiopublisher.com/text/wp-functions.txt

I haven't got an exact "step by step" available, but it's not much different to learning the ropes of Wordpress itself. Having said that, I'll see about putting one up when I've got some spare time. :)

PS. I'm usually free on weekends to look into sites that can't get it working (at no extra cost), so if you feel that you'd like some help in getting it working, just send a contact form message with some FTP details, and your requirements.

• CommentAuthorsdfaheem
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008

I want to change the text links display, how do i do that?
    I have embedded Text links on my forum and i need to modify it to fit in my sidebar.

For some reason the docs aren't working. Any reason why?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008

Project Admin

Oops, should work now.

• CommentAuthorgiberti
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008

I'm getting a notification about my version being out of date, although I've just installed it yesterday using the package ending u469 with current versions (according to WordPress and this site).

Erik

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008

Project Admin

Hmmm...for some reason the version number isn't getting picked up - see the (v) where the version number should be. You might want to consider hitting uninstall in the settings page, then re-activating.

• CommentAuthorTedsGame
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008

Hey working great so far, I just have a little tricky question about the OIO publisher affiliate program. I'm really thinking of getting that on a better level. Do I use the same referral link for every website, even in an IM conversation for instance ? (because I just convinced a guy today on Y!M). I also believe this community should grow and we should see a bigger marketplace.
    By the way, my ads are going ridiculously cheap this month just because I want this community to grow and because I love playing with the tracking system. Just fantastic.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008

Project Admin

Glad you like the plugin. :) And yes, it should always be the same link.

• CommentAuthorpb12
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2008

What do I do to update? I've downloaded the new version. Do I just upload the entire folder into the plug-ins folder for my site? Will I have to re-configure everything?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

The upgrade is just a case of over-writing the files, yes.

If you're worried about anything going wrong, I always advise people to make a backup of the database and the original plugin folder. That way you can always role the system back if you need to (not that it should go wrong!).

• CommentAuthorwellsie1607
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2008 edited

I'm still not on clear on the upgrade - will I have to reconfigure all my existing campaigns, ads, widgets, etc if I upgrade?

If that's the case I probably will stick with the outdated release

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

You should never need to re-configure any settings or ads.

• CommentAuthorCowboytf
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008

I uploaded the new version to my allchickstuff.com and it's enabled but when I go to widgets, it's saying that they're already there in use but they're not??????

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008

Project Admin

The first thing to do would be to double check the relevant settings. The most common cause for the ads not showing is that the price of an ad is not higher than zero.

• CommentAuthorsbucciarel
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008

I am trying to delete one blog and add a new listing but your visual confirmation isn't working. There is no image being displayed. I couldn't even submit a message to support for the same reason.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008

Project Admin

Yes, for some reason the captcha does give some people problems from time to time.

Luckily however, the new site will be released in a few days, which uses a new captcha system (it's all custom built this time round).