Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthordirtydoug
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009

Hello i am really tempted to this plugin as you can see there are a lot of free plugins outthere that offer almost same function but not as powerful as this. But still i want to know whether it really meets what i am looking for. Kindly pls. answer some of my questions?

1) Is the license just for one site? If so here is my question for multiple site.

a. I have wordpress and non wordpress / php websites now what i want to do is make an advertising space at the footer lets say its a 728x90 banner and i want that banner to show to all of my websites that has the footer ad space. of course i just have to insert the java code right? but what if the other site is wordpress and the other is not? which software should i use? what can you advise?

b. Is this script has the feature of making the ad purchase automated like? after payment there is no need for me to approve it manually it will be displayed automatically and i jut have to review it later on and disable if it violates my tos.

c. Is this script has the power to adopt many payment processor other than paypal? i would like to use liberty reserve, strictpay and alertpay can this be done?

d. Is this script is an automated ad purchase is it secured and safe over a shared hosting site?

e. If someone bought an advertising space and added a banner or text after expiration lets say he/she purchase space for 7 days after that his/her banner will be removed and my customize banner will appear or anything similar.

f. and lastly can i offer multiple advertising space? like 728x90, 468x60, 125x125 and custom sizes which can be easily edited on the admin panel.

i hope i can have clear answer as i will think of some more questions.

thanks.

i really want to manage all my ads on 1 single admin panel that is why i want to know which one to buy.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

The licence is for multiple sites, not just one.

a.) You could install the product as either a Wordpress plugin, or as a standalone app, and it would still be able to display the ads on both types of site. The javascript display is available no matter how it's installed. If I had to choose one over the other, it would probably be easier to manage multiple sites from a standalone install.

b.) The default behaviour is that you approve each ad, either before or after payment (you choose which method from the admin area). If you really wanted to have it completely automated, with no approving needed, you would need to make one file edit in the include/purchase.php file:

var $auto_approve = 0; (becomes) var $auto_approve = 1;

c.) The latest version (currently available for download in beta) supports these processors.

d.) Most people use it on some kind of shared hosting. Any sensitive data (eg. payment) is done on the payment processor's site using SSL.

e.) Ads do automatically expire, and a queueing system is available (one advertiser expires, another one automatically activates). There is also a "default ads" system that lets you specify other ads to show when there are empty slots.

f.) You can create an unlimited number of ad zones, of any size. The best way to see what is offered is via the admin area demo (standalone version).

• CommentAuthordirtydoug

Wow thanks for the very fast response, anyway i want to be clear on the payment gateways on the list of payment processors supported the only processor i need there is paypal and the others are not cause i really want to support other processor, is there a separate fee if i want to add a new different payment method like liberty reserve? or can you provide a documentation how to add a new payment module or something like that...

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009 edited

Project Admin

I can't provide any customisation / addition services at the moment. What I can do is send you the base payment class and paypal module by email, along with a quick breakdown of how it is built. You can then see what it would take to add a new module for a different processor.

-------

Briefly, there are only two files that control the module payment process:

1.) oiopub-load.php - this is the module loader file, and lets you configure settings and the admin menu fields (it's very standard, so wouldn't take much work to adapt for a new processor).

2.) include/ipn.class.php - this is where the code for the interaction between OIO and the processor is put. It extends a base payment class, and is used to (a) build the html form to take the user to the gateway (b) verify a processor post-back request if applicable (c) verify any data sent with the post-back and (d) update the database accordingly.

• CommentAuthordirtydoug
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2009

oh i see ok last question since you can not give me any customization. I wanna know if there someone in your team or someone else that can do the customization for me? and of course i am willing to pay for it :) for every payment modules that i request.

thanks!

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2009

Project Admin

Your best bet would be a site such as getafreelancer.com or rentacoder.com - for a relatively small job you should get a good deal.

I have also asked someone else about it, but haven't heard back yet.

• CommentAuthordirtydoug
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009

b.) The default behaviour is that you approve each ad, either before or after payment (you choose which method from the admin area). If you really wanted to have it completely automated, with no approving needed, you would need to make one file edit in the include/purchase.php file:

var $auto_approve = 0; (becomes) var $auto_approve = 1;

i would like to quote this idea..

i wanna know if i make it automated will it be a big security risk? what if a person inserted a malicious JavaScript which will let him see some sensitive information and then after payment it will be automatically executed right? is this possible? cause i have been seeing a lot of scripts that doesnt really make automated payments instead a manual :) i wanna know the risks of having automated ad purchasing and the solutions, thanks!

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009 edited

Project Admin

There's always a risk with fully automated solutions if the user is uploading a file.

The other fields should be fine (any html / javascript is stripped out), but with file uploading it's always best to double-check it using the approval process. The script will check for a valid image, but there may be techniques to get around it that I don't know of.

• CommentAuthordirtydoug
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009

ok so what if i remove the upload function and just ask for the URL? and besides i dont want them to upload on my server because of bandwidth and also will it change anything if i dont allow uploads and just ask for their URL?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009 edited

Project Admin

If it's a remote url, rather than a file upload, then a malicious user shouldn't be able to execute any code on your server (eg. php), making the server environment secure. Providing there is proper validation when uploading an image however, there isn't any real difference.

There shouldn't be any other difference in terms of upload vs remote image, apart from possible slow loading if the remote image can't be accessed.