Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorChrisinlo
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009

I am thinking of buying OIO publisher for my wordpress website. The website also has 1 forum (message board) and 10 blogs - all on one domain. The website is powered by a premier wordpress theme called the onyx portal, the blogs are powered by a different wordpress theme and the forum is powered by bbPress. My question is can I install oio publisher as a plugin on this domain so that the ads will appear throughout the domain - i.e ads appearing on the blogs and the forum too - as well as on the main part of the website?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009 edited

Project Admin

Ok, the main question I'd have regarding that setup is, what are all the different blogs powered by?

* a single Wordpress install
    * multiple Wordpress installs
    * a single WPMU install

Without knowing the above, what I can tell you is that you'll be able to show the ads throughout the whole site (or other sites, if you wished) using a single OIO install.

What the answer to the above question will determine is whether you'd be better off installing OIO as a Wordpress plugin, or as a standalone app.

If all the blogs are powered by a single Wordpress install, then you can use OIO as a Wordress plugin. If it's using WPMU or multiple Wordpress installs, the best route (so that you only have to install OIO once) would be to set it up as a standalone app, then use javascript to display the ads on all parts of the site.

• CommentAuthorChrisinlo
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009

all powered by a single wordpress install

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009 edited

Project Admin

In that case, you need just install it as a Wordpress plugin, then use the standard php output functions to show ads on any part of the site that uses Wordpress.

I'm not too familiar with bbpress, but I presume the Wordpress engine isn't loaded when bbpress loads. So for the forum sections, the easiest solution is to use the javascript option to display ads - although there is a php integration guide available for non-Wordpress apps if you prefer.

• CommentAuthorladezign
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009

This is a great pre-sale format. i have a question related to using OIO on one site as well. is there a way to select which ads are running on specific pages of the wordpress site. or particularly to assign one ad to one category and another ad to another category.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009 edited

Project Admin

OIO does have an an inbuilt ad zone category selector (see the advanced settings section). This means that you can assign an ad to a Wordpress category and it will only display in that category (and any posts in that category). This saves you from having to create a new ad zone for every category - it can all be done through a single zone.

For other pages (non-category), you'd need to create a zone for that page. For example, you could create a zone and call it "Home Page Ads" - then display that zone only on the home page using Wordpress conditionals.