Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorgiberti
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008

Hello all,

I downloaded the most recent version, unzipped the full code base into wp-content/plugins/advertising and attempted to activate the plugin from the wp-admin/plugins.php page per the install instructions, but get the following error:

"Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error."

Any help is appreciated.

Erik

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Hi Erik,

I haven't come across any problems with 2.3.3 recently, but I'll check it out this evening (just on my way to my day job right now).

In the mean time, if you could check it isn't a plugin conflict, by disabling all plugins and then activating OIO only.

• CommentAuthorgiberti

Simon,

I tried that - I also loosened permissions on the installed directory, tried the default directory and did a quick check on the DB to ensure that I didn't get some partial install or something - all to no avail. Thanks for checking on it.

Erik

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

I've just done a fresh install of WP 2.3.3, and activated the latest version of the plugin without any problems.

You should check that there are no options in the database containing 'oiopub', just in case that is causing an error.

Other than that, I'm not really sure what to suggest. Have you made any other customisations to the blog, other than adding plugins?

• CommentAuthorgiberti
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008

No, I've got Akismet and Twitter Tools as the only two plugins. I'll increase the users rights on the database, but they've already got sufficient privileges to install WordPress. What other rights might the user require?

I doubt this matters, but the installed app is in a Plesk install running under PHP 5.0.4 and MySQL 4.1.15.

• CommentAuthorgiberti

Oh, and a custom display template.

• CommentAuthorgiberti

Perhaps this will help? I don't get the "Access Denied" message I get with other files.

[root@vps advertising]# pwd
    /var/www/vhosts/af-design.com/httpdocs/blog/wp-content/plugins/advertising
    [root@vps advertising]# php index.php
    PHP Notice: Undefined variable: oiopub_misc in /var/www/vhosts/af-design.com/httpdocs/blog/wp-content/plugins/advertising/include/settings.php on line 9
    PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/af-design.com/httpdocs/blog/wp-content/plugins/advertising/include/settings.php on line 9
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_option() in /var/www/vhosts/af-design.com/httpdocs/blog/wp-content/plugins/advertising/include/settings.php on line 21
    [root@vps advertising]#

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008 edited

Project Admin

Hmmm...it's only the last one that is causing the problem. It's very strange that get_option is not defined, as I'm pretty sure it's always loaded before the plugins are loaded.

Would it be possible to get FTP / blog admin access temporarily? I have a couple of ideas, but would have to test them in the environment that is causing problems.

• CommentAuthorgiberti
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008

Simon, I can get you access, please contact me directly and I will get a login created for you to access the machine.