Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorrightfit
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009

Would appreciate if someone can post a definitive answer as to what types of ads can be used as defaults. I'm currently running my ads through Ad Manager, and the site is tagged accordingly. Since Ad Manager doesn't allow advertisers to book ads directly (and doesn't have an API either... but that's another story), I would be very keen on giving OIO a try.

However, I will need to set the default ads to be those provided through Ad Manager, where I have a number of ad networks serving.

Can somebody please let me know if ad tags (script, specifically) can be traficked in OIO? If it's just a platform that allows people to upload an image then assign a destination URL to it, this isn't for me. However, if ad tags can be trafficked into it as defaults, I'll certainly use it.

A sample Ad Manager tag that would be used as default:

<script type="text/javascript">
    GA_googleFillSlot("name-of-ad-slot");
    </script>

Thanks for clarifying this.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009 edited

Project Admin

Default ads can be set to take any kind of html, yes:

http://demo.oiopublisher.com/wordpress/wp-admin/admin.php?page=oiopub-settings.php&opt=banner#defaults

If you look at the dropdown menu shown in the "default ads" section of the demo link above (which is set to image by default), you can select "html" as an option. You can place your javascript code there.

------

As a side note, advertisers making a purchase can't submit an html ad, only the admin can.

• CommentAuthorrightfit
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009

Simon, many thanks for the superfast response!

As long as html can be trafficked, all's fine - even better if it's only the admin who can do it.

Again, many thanks for this, it's really great to see such good support. Will purchase the licence tomorrow.

Best,
    Otilia