Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthormaxbear
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009

Hello,

I got some presales questions for oiopublisher. Hopefully, someone can help me.

1. If I don't sell ads, can I use oiopublisher to manage ads? e.g. ads rotation .....
    2. I use single wp installation to manage multiple sites, so can I just install oiopublisher once to manage ads for all the sites? Can I use php code instead of java code?
    3. Does your plugin require a lot of server resources to run?
    4. Can oiopublisher manage text ads? I mean rotate different text?
    5. Can oiopublisher work with phpbay wp plugin? It's a wp plugin to display ebay items. You need to put a code in your post or sidebar. e.g. [phpbay]something, 5, "", ""[/phpbay]

Thanks a lot.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009 edited

Project Admin

1.) Yes, you can manage ads without needing to sell them. There is a default ads system that lets you place any ads you want within an ad zone (and rotates them automatically). You can also put in dummy purchased ads via the admin editor, which take precedent over default ads (and let you track stats, which the default system doesn't).

2.) You can show ads easily over multiple sites with javascript output. It's also possible with php, providing the sites are all hosted on the same server. There's a short tutorial on that here (via the "3rd party website" integration link).

3.) Most people who use OIO run it on shared servers, although obviously the more traffic you have the more hardware resources you'll require.

4.) There is a text ad zone option, yes.

5.) I've never used that particular plugin, so I can't give an answer on that one right now.

• CommentAuthormaxbear
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009

Hello,

Is it possible to put google adsense? It seems I there is no space for me to put adsense. Thanks.

Max

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009 edited

Project Admin

You can put any type of ad code into the default system. If you look at this page on the demo, you can change the ad type from "image" to "html".

The html option will accept any ad network code, or any other free text (note that the demo is read only).