Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthornyunyu
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009

Simon, could you take a look on this site using IE?
    www.rsmaker.com

Seems that something wrong with the code which made it out of place and messed up the overall layout.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009 edited

Project Admin

I think it's a result of this bug (#1 on the list).

There's not much I can do about it unfortunately, as IE behaves fundamentally differently to every other browser when rendering javascript (eg. the google ad) within other javascript (the OIO ad zone). I scoured the web for days looking for a solution, but never found anything that came close to working. Maybe one day I'll get lucky and stumble across something!

My only suggestions are to use php for that site instead of javascript output, or remove the google ad from the ad zone on the left.

• CommentAuthornyunyu
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009 edited

Thanks for the reply Simon.

Ok, I'll use php code then.
    Can you advise what I need to do to use php code? Do I need to insert a line on the header like link to *.js or something so ads can be called from oio?

<?php if(function_exists('oiopub_banner_zone')) oiopub_banner_zone(14, 'center'); ?>

• CommentAuthornyunyu
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009

I tried php code and got this:

Warning: include_once() [function.include-once]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/rsmaker/public_html/classes/main.php on line 126

Warning: include_once(http://www.adnetcentral.com/index.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/rsmaker/public_html/classes/main.php on line 126

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.adnetcentral.com/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rsmaker/public_html/classes/main.php on line 126

adnetcentral.com is an adserver and the page requesting it was another site.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009

Project Admin

You can't include a php file from one server on another page from another. OIO would have to reside on the same server as the target page in order to use php.

• CommentAuthornyunyu
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009

So does it means that I'm stuck with the problem?
    There are no other ways to make this work then?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009 edited

Project Admin

Not with that particular combination (external javascript ad served using javascript output). Just another reason to hate IE. :)