Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthormllehman
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009

I would like to offer advertisers a "Banner Package" --- where I have 3 different banners (in different locations on my blog, each having a different size, etc) all selling for a combined total price of $100 per month.

It looks like in OIO I can only create 1 banner per zone, and not 3 banners per zone. ... or is there a way to sell 3 zones (each containing a different banner) in one package for $100/month (recurring monthly)?

How can I sell a "package" to my advertisers? Any ideas on how OIO can do this?

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009 edited

Project Admin

The only way to sell a package at the moment would be to offer it as a "custom purchase", and have them put the ad details in the textbox provided (meaning you would have to set up the ads via the admin area).

It's not possible to do it using the conventional purchase methods at the moment, although a few people have requested it as part of the ideas collection phase for v3 (eg. shopping cart).

• CommentAuthormllehman
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009

Would the following feature work for this "custom purchase" option?

Pay after Approval?
    yes/no - stop purchaser from paying before purchase has been approved by you

What exactly does "pay after approval" do? How would the process "look" for the advertiser? What would happen?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

The pay after approval option is global (ie. it affects all purchases). The options are:

No - this setting would allow the advertiser to make a payment as soon as they have submitted the purchase form, and so they are taken straight to the payment page.

Yes - this setting would stop the advertiser from making their payment until after the administrator has approved the purchase. After submitting the form, the advertiser would be taken to a page saying thank you for the submission, once it has been approved you'll receive an email and be able to make payment.

• CommentAuthormllehman

Question 1: I'm worried about the lag in time between the time the advertiser pays for their "banner package" and the time it would take me to manually upload the banners in the admin area.

I don't want an advertiser to get upset if their banners are not uploaded in time --- especially since they've payed for that time.

Do you have any ideas about how I can make this work?

Question 2: When is version 3 coming out with "shopping cart"?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

I'd have thought that as long as it was explained clearly to advertisers how the process works, if they buy a package rather than an individual ad, there shouldn't be a problem. For example:

(1) make submission
    (2) make payment
    (3) receive confirmation of your ads going live within X hours

There's no ETA on v3. I'm currently in the ideas collection / spec building stage. I don't work full time on the project, so if I ended up guessing at an ETA now, people would end up disappointed.