Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthormllehman
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009

1) Is there a way to export advertiser information to excell, etc? Also, can that exported report be customized?

2)How would the cancellation process work --- when an advertiser wants to cancel an ad subscription on my site? Is there a place where they can go to do this through OIO Publisher's interface? Do I have to do the cancellation manually?

3) Are OIO Publisher added Modules free? How much for the "Paypal Module" and the "Tracker Module"?

4) How would I upgrade OIO Publisher? Which is easier to upgrade and troubleshoot --- the "Standalone" version or the "Wordpress" version? (I have a wordpress site.)

5) How much do OIO Publisher upgrades typically cost?

6) Can I insert Google Adsense ads in addition to my advertiser's ads?

7) Is OIO Publiser compatible with my Wordpress version 2.8.4? That's what I have installed right now.

8) My site's traffic is growing quickly so my advertisement prices will be going up incrementally. On advertisements that are set to "allow subscription payments", how might I change my ad rates in the future?

I would like to set up monthly subscription ad rates, but not indefinitely. What would I do if my advertisers are on monthly subscriptions, but I later need to increase my rates. How could I set this up in OIO Publisher?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009 edited

Project Admin

1.) There is a purchases reports page, where you can export the data in xls format (it also contains advertiser details).

2.) Usually if the advertiser wants to cancel the subscription (eg. via paypal) they can just login to their paypal account and cancel it from there. The paypal IPN automatically sends notification of the cancellation to OIO, and the ad is then reverted to a state of "non-subscription". There's no place on OIO to make the cancellation though.

3.) All the modules are free.

4.) Neither is harder than the other to upgrade, since the process is identical for both. The Wordpress version is very slightly easier to install though.

5.) If by "upgrades" you mean newer versions of the script, there's no charge for that. You get access to new versions as soon as they become available.

6.) Yes, you can. There is a "default ads" system that can be configured for every ad zone (see here). You can choose to insert default ads as html, which will let you add any ad code you like.

7.) Yes, it's compatible with 2.84 (it's what I use at the moment too).

8.) As I understand it, paypal subscriptions are fixed rate until either you or the advertiser cancel it. I believe it is possible to modify the terms of the subscription, but it requires the advertiser to agree to the change before it can happen, and as such I have not implemented it in the paypal module.

An alternative would be to setup different price / duration combos (you can setup as many as you like per ad zone), such as $50 for 1 month, $130 for 3 months etc. This would give the advertiser some choice, but also means that the renewal options use your updated prices (ie. they can't renew at an older price).

• CommentAuthormllehman

A couple more questions (follow-ups to your previous answers):

4)I am not sure whether to install the "standalone" or "wordpress" version of OIO Publisher. I am worried about troubleshooting. I guess it would be easier to upgrade the "wordpress" installed vertsion, but I am concerned if something goes wrong with my OIO system --- then my whole site would be affected.

Which install would you recommend, the standalone or the wordpress install?

8)When you said the following: but also means that the renewal options use your updated prices (ie. they can't renew at an older price). What does this mean?

If an advertiser pays $130 for 3 months and then on the 4th month I increase my price to $200 for 3 months --- would they then only be able to renew at $200 for 3 months?

Also, how is this price interpreted by Paypal. Would their payment have to be paid in full up front --- one full payment of $200 before the ad goes live. --- or --- would they pay $67 every month for three months?

Thanks for answering my questions. I'm getting a better idea of how I can use OIO on my site --- OIO seems like a great product.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

If you're just intending to use it on your Wordpress site, then I'd go for Wordpress. If you might be using it on a network of sites, the standalone install might be a better choice, but in most cases I'd go for Wordpress.

If an advertiser pays $130 for 3 months and then on the 4th month I increase my price to $200 for 3 months --- would they then only be able to renew at $200 for 3 months?

That's correct. They'd need to pay it all up front as it stands. It might be possible to split it out over a 3 month "subscription" period using paypal, but I'd have to look into it (as I don't know for certain).

• CommentAuthormllehman

Where you said...

...paypal subscriptions are fixed rate until either you or the advertiser cancel it. I believe it is possible to modify the terms of the subscription, but it requires the advertiser to agree to the change before it can happen, and as such I have not implemented it in the paypal module.

Does that mean it's not possible for an advertiser to even "agree" to any terms before he purchases.

In the Demo where it says "per purchase period" below...

Allow Subscription Payments?
    yes/no --- only enable this option if you are happy to let advertisers pay the same amount per purchase period indefinitely

What does "per purchase period" mean? Can I set that?

Basically, I would like to get my advertisers on a monthly subscription --- but I want to be able to raise my price when I need to. (I would reserve the right to do this if I give them 1 month notice) How should I set this up using OIO Publisher?

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

The purchase period is whatever you set it to be (in days). So if you have 2 price points - $50 for 30 days or $90 for 60 days - the subscription cycle would be 30 or 60 days also, depending on which option the advertiser selected.

If you had the users on a monthly subscription (eg. 30 days), then you wouldn't be able to change the automatic renewal price using OIO once it had been setup. The alternative is to have them on a regular 30 day cycle, where the payment is renewed manually each time (the default behaviour).

If you look at similar questions to paypal like this one, you'll see that they talk about "modification buttons" that the user has to click on and verify before a change will be made to the next subscription period. I'm not sure that's a particularly good solution (and OIO isn't setup to deal with that kind of thing, so it would have to be done manually).

• CommentAuthorvbtrade
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010

You should add the ability to remove any ads you want. Why should you be forced to keep ads, especially when you, say, made some kind of mistake? Adding the ability to remove ads without going to MySQL database would be helpful.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010 edited

Project Admin

If you navigate to the "Purchases" admin section and locate the ad you want to delete, click on the "edit" link for that ad and you'll see a "delete item" at the bottom of the page.

That will remove the purchase information from the database.

• CommentAuthorvbtrade
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010

Oh, great! How did I miss that before. Thanks.

Nick