Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorRon Klaren
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009 edited

Maybe this is already in the script, but if not, is it possible for me to add some lines of code to the script to add a percentage to the salesprice for V.A.T.?

Where I live (The Netherands) it is common to list prices without taxes and add the 19% BTW (VAT) at the end of the purchase.

I'd rather list a banner for 15 EURO (Excl. BTW) then for 17.85 EURO (Incl BTW)

I have some more questions, but I guess it's better to open a topic for every single one of them...

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009

Project Admin

Try uploading this "vat" module. It's pre-configured to 19%.

You'll need to run a couple of tests to make sure it works as required. If you need to put in a message on the payment page about the VAT, the template to edit would be "templates/core/purchase_payment.tpl".

• CommentAuthorRon Klaren
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009

Thanks a million, this seems to work like a charm.

Quick question, in the admin I now have a menu item named VAT, but I can't access that page, this is normal for this module i presume?

Doesn't matter though, the module does exactly what I need.

Again thank you for your great work

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009 edited

Project Admin

If you set the $oio_name variable (at the top of the module file) to the following, it should make the admin menu disappear:

$oio_name = "";

It's something I just put together quickly, so doesn't contain any admin options (which is why you can't access the VAT page).

Hi,

I also need to add VAT to my prices. I have uploaded the module you attached above (to the modules directory (under your plugin) as a folder). I am using the latest version with Wordpress.

Nothing seems to have happened with regards to VAT. Is this module still current (working with the current version)? Did I upload it into the right place?

Thank you.

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2014

Project Admin

The only thing the module does is automatically increase the price by X% when a purchase is submitted, before payment is taken. It doesn't add any admin options or additional copy to the purchase area.

You'd therefore only notice any difference when going through the purchase process.

• CommentAuthorAnticosti
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2016

Greetings,

Wish there could be something possible for Canadian Taxes (PST, GST, HST) compound and/or not?

Kind Regards,