Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorvalmg
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008

I got the manual installation of banners working correctly on acontestblog.com.
    I am trying to get it working on another blog, valmg.com, but no matter what I do the ads end up all the way in the middle of the page, instead of just in the sidebar where I am putting them. I suspect this is a user error on my part, can anyone point me in the right direction please? The code I have been using is

<?php
    if(function_exists('oiopub_banner_output')) {
    oiopub_banner_output('3');
    }
    ?>

Thanks very much.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Technically the correct code would be:

<?php
    oiopub_banner_output('', 3);
    }
    ?>

Other than that, the only reason I've come across for banners being out of place has been a conflict with the main css file on a blog. It's very hard to say exactly what though, without going through the entire css file to debug it.

• CommentAuthorvalmg
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008 edited

Thanks Simon.
    I'm more confused now than ever.
    I tried valmg.com with the code the way you had it and nothing shows at all. The only time anything shows is if I do it this way, but then it isn't centered.
    <?php
    oiopub_banner_output('3');
    }
    ?>

AContestBlog is working and appearing correctly with the code that way as well
    <?php
    oiopub_banner_output('2');
    }
    ?>

My OIO on valmg actually read "Business" in the dashboard, so I deactivated it, reinstalled and activated again, thinking maybe there was hiccup. The newly reinstalled version is the same but reads OIOPublisher in the dashboard, just like AContestBlog. Nothing changed when I tried the code on the newly reinstalled version.
    Thanks for trying.

• CommentAuthorSimon

Project Admin

Ah, that was me quickly updating a part of the code, which included the name change. It shouldn't have affected anything else.

I'm very surprised that the code works the way you've used it - it shouldn't! If you need me to take a look at one of the sites, you can always send me a message via the site contact form, with temporary FTP / blog admin access.