Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorjeshyr
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009 edited

Trying to decide whether I should run the stand-alone version of OIOpublisher or use the WordPress plugin.

I run multiple websites (6 at last count) and all (at least at the moment) are run by Wordpress.

The sites are run on different domains and although they're all on the same server at present this won't necessarily continue to be the case. They vary in size and traffic but there's not any "main" site.

I only run banner advertisements at the moment. I will probably add text-format advertisements but am not interested in keyword or in-text ads.

I'll be adding advertisements by inserting the php functions, no matter which method I use.

I've looked at the demo sites and I've read all the tutorials and forum posts that seem relevant, but I can't find a side-by-side feature comparison of the standalone and plugin versions or a "How to decide which one you need" type post.

It seems from my investigations that I could make things work with either version, but which would be best and how do I decide? Any information or suggestions would be welcomed :)

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009 edited

Project Admin

I'll write up a short tutorial on this point, but from what you've said it looks like the better option would be standalone.

Since you have multiple websites and only want to install OIO once, there isn't any advantage to using it as a Wordpress plugin unless you want to manage everything from a particular blog admin area. The standalone version also has less overhead, since you don't need to load the Wordpress core (a 2nd time in your case) in order to load OIO.

PS. bear in mind that you can only use php output functions on websites that are (a) on the same server as the OIO install and (b) have been integrated with OIO as a 3rd party website.

• CommentAuthorjeshyr
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009

Thanks for the clear and helpful answer. I shall do that.

r