Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthordsohigian
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009 edited

I am considering using OIO to publish ads to a group of websites I manage. I would like advertisers to be able to pick which sites their ad will appear on and the pricing should be based on the number of sites they choose. What options are available for this sort of setup in OIO? I plan to set it up as standalone and each of the sites is running Wordpress.

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited

Project Admin

As far as splitting up ad purchases by website, that's not a problem since you can create as many ad zones as you like and name each one (2 zones for site A, 2 zones for site B etc).

However, there's no option currently available that will let you adjust the overall price based on the number of websites / zones selected, since the purchase process doesn't include a shopping cart (ie. you can't select multiple purchases and pay for them all in one go, you can only buy one ad at a time).

One potential way round this would be to setup ad zones as normal, but then also create a custom purchase for a "bulk" advertiser.

The downside to this approach is that custom purchases aren't automated - you can only state what the purchaser eill get, but once they have made the purchase you would have to setup the ads for them yourself.

• CommentAuthordsohigian
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010

That's helpful, Simon. I want to clarify one point - let's say I wanted to give advertisers two options: either they could pick one site to advertise on (a zone) or they could place an ad that went across all sites. If I had two areas on the various sites where ads could be positioned (one banner and one skyscraper, for example) would I have to program one of those positions as the "all sites" zone and the other as the "site specific" zone?

• CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited

Project Admin

You could certainly place one ad zone across all sites if you wanted, yes. As long as the same ad code was put on each site then any purchase would automatically show there across all sites.

Then for the site specific zones, you would create a new zone for each site and place the ad code for a paritcular zone on each site.

• CommentAuthorjuuble2
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010

I was actually about to add this to the mind map forum. But I have a different viewpoint on this guy's needs.