Purchase OIOpublisher now for just $47.

Take control of your ad space.

Click here to purchase

• CommentAuthorPineal
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010

Hello,

Just started a small Wordpress site, but already getting regular visits, I'm posting in attempt to gauge how many (daily?) visits, or page views, I will need before advertisers will start considering buying ads. I know this will vary quite a bit, but are we talking 500 views, 5,000, 50,000...??

thanks...

Need help?  Quick start guide | Troubleshooting | All help topics
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010 edited

Project Admin

I'm afraid it really is entirely dependent on the individual site. In general, the more focused (niche) your site, the more targeted your traffic should be and therefore you'd need fewer visits to make it worthwhile for advertisers.

There are a few different ways you could try and gauge potential however, such as trialling an ad network (to see what your CTR is like) or offering very cheap / free advertising directly to your visitors to see if anyone is interested. It's also a good idea to keep initial advertising sparse (eg. just a couple of 125x125 ads) so that the focus is still on the content.

• CommentAuthorPineal
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010

Appreciate for the quick response. Sounds to me like people start with a SWAG and adjust from there, until they start getting bites?

The site I'm running is very niche-specific(stock market/traders), and has a minimal-style design. To keep the look clean, text ads seem to make sense, but Im also considering a small banner, if the return justifies it. Traffic is at about 250-750 page loads per day, and steadily rising thus far. Thinking of perhaps starting at around .0025 per impression, selling 5K or 10K CPM blocks, and/or perhaps monthly ads(?).

I would be very grateful to anyone that would be willing to share their starting experience, or feedback.

• CommentAuthorPineal
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010

Found the marketplace has price info plus alexa rank for other publishers. This helps :)